Regardless of the name we use for the courses, the following are some topics that might be useful for these courses. What follows is not a list of courses themselves, but topics that could be combined in different ways to come up with courses. We are aware that what follows is not a well-organised set of topics (at least from a typical academic perspective), but we prefer to make sure if we are aligned here, so that we can be more specific in the next step.
- Digital twin. Applications.
- Warehouse management. To illustrate what we mention above, we can have a digital twin course with a section devoted to warehouse management applications and we can have a warehouse management course that can have a part of it devoted to covering how and when to use digital twins.
- Inventory management. Predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Managing the shop floor with optimization. There are quite a few topics we can cover here:
- Production planning.
- System design such as number of Kanban in a JIT environment, line balancing…
- Supply Chain Network design, planning and operation by means of advanced analytics.
- Multiobjetive and multicriteria analysis.